If I ask you what is the most vital sense out of five? You probably would answer the visual senses is the most important one. Eyes are our gateway to the outside world; eyes are the body’s most highly sophisticated and complex sensory organs; most of the information that we gather throughout the day comes from our visionary senses. Also, the human capacity to retain information by visual means is more than any other form of senses.
Eyes are a medium by which you can build deep connection; humans have used eyes for expressing emotions and a wide range of feelings. So, it becomes very much important that we take good care of our eyes; however, natural conditions can hamper our eyes’ normal functioning. One of the most commonly known diseases is dry eyes that occurs when your tears aren’t able to provide adequate lubrication for your eyes; this happens when your eyes don’t produce enough tears or needed for lubrication.
Now let us see some of the most common causes of dry eyes:
- Natural Aging
- Side Effects of certain drugs
- Certain Diseases
- Conditions that don’t allow your eyelids to be closed
Some of the common symptoms of dry eyes are as follows:
- Burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Redness of the Eye
- Blurred vision or eye fatigue
Artificial eye tear drops and ointments are the most common treatment. Many types of drops are available in the market; you might have to try a few to figure out the one that’s right for you. If you have chronic dry eye, you need to consult a professional eye doctor who can recommend you the right medications that can treat your eye disease. Also, there are some of the most commonly known treatment that is as follows:
- Lacrimal plugs
- Lacrimal Plugs– This type of treatment is used to block the drainage holes in the corners of your eyes, depending on your severity, it can be temporary or a permanent solution.
- Surgery –Your doctor will recommend this form of treatment if you have severe dry eye syndrome; when any treatment mentioned above doesn’t work, your doctor may recommend surgery.
- Medications- This is the most preferred type of treatment as it is convenient to follow; the most commonly prescribed drugs are Restasis that is used to treat chronic dry eye. It’s prescribed for people ages 16 years and older, this is known to help patients increase their eyes’ natural ability to produce tears. This medication is available in oral and injectable formulations that are used to treat this chronic eye condition.
Look, it is always a good idea to take good care of your eyes, eat a healthy diet, consult a doctor immediately in case you face any of the symptoms above. Try your best to follow the doctor recommendation, medications and take good care of your eyes can recover quickly. Eyes give you the ability to soak the beauty of outer space and build a connection with people.