Oops! Mywifiext Is Not Responding! Why?
It is truly annoying to wait for an online video to stop buffering. Your not-so-great network can take more time than expected and end up leaving you disappointed.
In order to fix this bothersome issue, you need to know how to set up a Netgear range extender. Just perform a few simple setup steps mentioned below and enjoy uninterrupted online video streaming.
Step-by-Step Guide to Perform Netgear Extender Setup
- Start by placing the Netgear WiFi extender and your home router in the same room.
- Then, connect the range extender and router by using an Ethernet cable.
Note: In case there is any breakage in the Ethernet cable that you are using, replace it with a new one immediately.
- Plug your range extender into a working electric socket and press the Power button.
- Once you’ve switched the Power button on, wait for the LED lights to turn a shade of green.
- Then, switch on your laptop or PC and launch a web browser as per your preference.
Note: Ensure that the web browser you are currently using is not outdated.
- Fill in the default web address mywifiext.net (in case of Windows) or mywifiext.local (in case of MAC) in the address bar of the web browser.
Note: If mywifiext is ready to be your friend, then the default IP address 192.168.1.250 of the extender might be of some help to you.
- Once you have press the Enter key, the Netgear extender login page will appear on your desktop screen.
- Type the default login credentials in the required fields and click on the Log In button.
- Once the Netgear Genie dashboard appears, follow the on-screen instructions.
Congratulations! You have learned how to manually perform a Netgear extender setup.
However, the only problem while setting up the WiFi range extender is that sometimes mywifiext might not respond. And when that happens, you’ll come across error messages like ‘Can’t connect to the server’ or ‘mywifiext is not responding’ again and again.
To know why mywifiext.net and mywifiext.local web addresses are not working and how to get rid of this issue, keep reading.
Troubleshooting Mywifiext Not Working Issue
Wondering what to do when mywifiext does not respond? If the answer is yes, then stop wondering. Simply walk through the troubleshooting tips below and get the answer to your question:
- Make sure that the Netgear range extender and home router are properly connected physically.
- Cross-check whether the web address that you have entered in the address bar has any typos or not. Even if one character is typed wrong, you won’t be able to access mywifiext login page.
- Next, clear the cache, cookies, junk files, and browsing history from the web browser that you are currently using to log in.
- Ensure that you have a fast internet connection. If not, contact the Internet Service Provider without wasting any time.
- In case you don’t have an Ethernet cable, connect the extender and your home router through a wireless connection.
- Keep your Netgear extender far away from metal objects, washing machines, microwaves, mirrors, Bluetooth devices, etc.
Once you are done following all these troubleshooting tips, you will surely be able to access mywifiext in a hassle-free manner.