Reasons Why Contemporary Fireplace Screens Are So Important
Having a fireplace is one of the best ways to get through the winter months. They’re great for snuggling up with friends and family while sharing stories and memories. You can also have quite a few problems if you don’t have proper protection for your fireplace. If you don’t want to risk accidents happening in your home, it might be time to invest in some contemporary fireplace screens.
Here are some reasons why they’re so important:
- It’s dangerous to go near an open fire: Without proper protection, having a fireplace means that you run the risk of burns every day just by spending time around it. Even if you know your contemporary fireplace screen will catch any sparks or small pieces of burning wood, you’re still at risk from flying embers and the intense heat coming off the fire.
- They help save your home: If you have a fireplace that stays open all year round or one that is used regularly, then not only do you need to worry about burns but also damage to your chimney and even the furniture. A screen can prevent soot and sparks from getting on carpets and wooden floors, which means less cleaning for you too. You’ll find that it won’t be difficult to clean up these marks with most modern designs if they do happen either.
- It’s better for your family: If there are young children in the house, getting a fireplace screen is especially important as they don’t tend to understand the dangers all year round. It means you won’t have to worry about your kids running too close while they watch TV or playing in front of it while you’re cooking dinner.
- The screen will protect people from allergies: One of the most common problems with having a wood fire is leaving behind thick clouds of smoke. This can lead to illness for anyone who suffers from asthma, bronchitis, or other allergies to dust and pollen. If this is already an issue, then you probably know how bad it can be when no screens are protecting the air around the fireplace.
- There are lots of different designs: When you invest in a contemporary fireplace screen, make sure that it’s well made because not all of them are. The best ones should have a sturdy base that won’t tip over easily and should be made from heavy-duty steel rather than tin or aluminum. This will make sure it lasts for years to come and can take a lot of wear and tear.
- Different styles: When you invest in a contemporary fireplace screen for your home, there’s likely going to be different designs to choose from anyway. If you want one that looks great, then go for something that suits the style of your house, but if not, then order several at once so that you don’t have to keep moving it from room to room depending on where you’re using the fireplace the most.
Contemporary fireplace screens are a great way of protecting your home from soot, sparks, and intense heat. Plus, they look stylish too. Make sure that you invest in one that will last for several years before you start wondering whether it’s necessary.